Wednesday, June 11, 2008

6/10/2008

Well day two and things seem to be good. As I said in my last post I was concerned about where the female was going to lay the eggs, the Egyptian vase I purchased was much too small for 50 to 100 eggs, so I decided to do some remodeling. I took out the flower deco that was in the right corner of the 10 and I replaced it with a shale rock that was originally in the 45 . It's now in the corner leaning up against the tank wall making a dark cave with a nice roof to lay eggs. No worries I wedged in it really well. The Kribensis took to it right away but they still swim back in forth between the Egyptian Vase and the cave. I am pretty sure in the end they will choose the cave. It is bigger and darker and the other fish seem to stay on the side of the tank with the Vase.

The female is doing well and her belly is now a VERY bright red. She is arching her body, curling her fins, and vibrating to entice the male.

The male is following her around back and forth wherever she goes. Once in awhile he will move away from her but it isn't very often. They are connected.

More to come soon, until then... just keep swimming!!!
Nessxxx

Day 2 after the remodel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
 

-->